As I sit here, the day before I embark on what I hope will be the greatest semester of my life, I find that I have so many thoughts and hopes for the trip I am about to take. Here, in no particular order, are some of my more lofty goals for my trip:
1. Convince a British person that I too, am British.
2. Find a cast member from the Harry Potter movies and be photographed with them.
3. Visit locations from my favorite movies including, but not limited to: Primrose Park (sight of the Twilight Bark in "101 Dalmatians," The Peter Pan statue from "Hook" the Millenium Bridge from "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Hugh Grant's door from "Notting Hill" and many more.*
4. Attend High Tea at Harrods.
5. Be able to successfully navigate my way through Harrods by April.
6. Try all new foods at least once, including spotted dick
7. Visit the Tower of London and see where Anne Boleyn's eyes kept moving after they chopped off her head. I owe her that much as a faithful Episcopalian.
8. Get a successful picture of myself and three other friends crossing Abbey Road without being injured by traffic.
9. Go into a phone booth and ask to be transported to the Ministry of Magic
10. Meet a Duke. Make said Duke fall in love with me. Marry Duke. Become Duchess Allison.
All in all I believe my goals are quite attainable.
I have fit everything into my suitcases, including all of my shoes. It is truly a miracle. I can't believe I am actually going to be in London in 32 hours. It's not real life.
*If I get the chance to visit Austria, I will of course be taking the Sound of Music tour, as well as singing loudly on top of that one hill.